In this episode:
Interns are fucking up the show; listener reaction to the previous episode; Beau might work for the NSA; the line between obsession and addiction; neurochemical mechanisms of emotional behaviors; Jay’s emotional struggle early on in jiu-jitsu; don’t show weakness in prison; the science of stabbing someone; and Rumblr . . . which is a hoax.
- Dr. Robert Sapolsky
- Why Zebras don’t get ulcers
- Dr. Jaak Panksepp
- Why are there so few high quality science communicators?
- Saving Private Ryan knife scene (video)
- Rumblr, the Tinder for fighting app, is actually a stupid hoax
- ‘Fight Club’ phenomenon: Westbrook police clamping down (Beau’s claim to fame)
- “Creative Commons Obsessed is a word lazy people use to describe the dedicated” by koka_sexton is licensed under CC BY 2.0